cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I come back from Macy's delinquency?

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Can I come back from Macy's delinquency?

A little backstory: A few months ago I tried to apply for a Macy's card but I was denied due to a previous delinquency.I had a Macy's card back in 2006/2007 that I unfortunately defaulted on. It's since fallen off my credit reports, but I discovered something tonight...

I got an email from Macy's about their changing credit card benefits, and thought that it was strange for them to send it to me, when I didn't have a credit account. Out of curiousity, I logged into my Macy's account online and saw this: 

Screen Shot 2015-08-06 at 7.44.53 PM.png

Is it possible that after all these years they still have a credit account tied to me? I found a couple of threads in here about zombie Macy's accounts, but mine isn't on my credit report anymore. 

I'm not sure what the balance is, but it can't be more than a couple hundred dollars. Has anyone been successful in getting back in with Macy's after paying back a charged off account? Is it a new application, or will they re-open The existing account with backdated history? 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.