Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I dispute these collections now?

tag
907grown
Established Contributor

Can I dispute these collections now?

I have 10 collections with a local CA. Paid them off in full last summer. Now getting into the buying process I decided to send a goodwill on all of them..... Got a letter back from them stating they have no record of those accounts in there office..... I'm not confused, trust me, I paid out 2000.00 to them, I know who I paid. All my credit reports were updated that the collections are paid.... Can I dispute the collections and challenge the CA to prove that the debt is mine and valid? I know that it is taboo to dispute a valid debt, but can't I as the consumer challenge that CA to prove it. I paid it, whether it was valid Orr not, to me it seemed like the best place to start, but it would seem to me if they can't prove it they shouldn't be able to report it......thoughts?

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.