cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get the original creditor for an account removed from my credit report?

tag
mizzrena32

Can I get the original creditor for an account removed from my credit report?

I recently had an account with LVNV Funding (debt collection) removed from my credit report after I filed a complaint with the BBB. The original creditor HSBC Card Services is still on my CR. Can I get the original creditor off my CR without having to call them? I am concerned that they will cause me a problem, based on some of the posts I have read in regards to HSBC, if I contact them directly. Seems like a bad company.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Can I get the original creditor for an account removed from my credit report?

@mizzrena32 wrote:

I recently had an account with LVNV Funding (debt collection) removed from my credit report after I filed a complaint with the BBB. The original creditor HSBC Card Services is still on my CR. Can I get the original creditor off my CR without having to call them? I am concerned that they will cause me a problem, based on some of the posts I have read in regards to HSBC, if I contact them directly. Seems like a bad company.

You'll have to contact the original creditor ~ Collections are different records and remvoing the CA won't impact the OC account reporting.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
mizzrena32

Re: Can I get the original creditor for an account removed from my credit report?

Thank you for your response pizzadude Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.