cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get this removed from my report due to the date?

tag
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

Can I get this removed from my report due to the date?

I know it doesn't have an amount but does the 120+ late payment hurt my score?

Balance $0

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Can I get this removed from my report due to the date?

That TL should of been deleted by now....if its a unpaid debt it stays in your file until paid. 

Message 2 of 17
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Actually that just shows the date open.  We would need to know the DOFD.  It could have been opened in 2000 but the DOFD could have been in, say..  2010.  Then it would be within the CRTP.  We need more information.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 17
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Good catch Shogun!!!! I need new glasses 

Message 4 of 17
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

A debt with a CA (collection agency) drops off your CR (credit report), 7.5 years from the DoFD (date of first default), paid or unpaid.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 5 of 17
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Actually that just shows the date open.  We would need to know the DOFD.  It could have been opened in 2000 but the DOFD could have been in, say..  2010.  Then it would be within the CRTP.  We need more information.

There is nothing else from this lender. There is another entry for AES and  the DOFD is June 2007 but listed as current closed (I'm assuming that happened when I consolidated my loans).  The rest of my student loans are through ACS and Great Lakes. 

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Message 6 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Just looking at what you posted, it wasn't CO'd or sent to collections.  Do you know if it was?  Is it supposed to be closed?

Message 7 of 17
LavendarL
Established Member

Please explain, I thought an old debt would fall off after 7 years from DOFD even if unpaid?

Are you referring to the clause about applying for jobs that pay more than 75K or homes for more than 150K?

I wonder about this because I recently applied for a mortgage and they mortgage broker showed me my credit report.  I didn't see any old unpaid debts on it.  I had old unpaid debts from 10-15 years ago.

2/2011:
EFX Beacon 5.0 - 540, XPN FICO II - 619, TUC Classic 04 -

CURRENT SCORES (3/13): EFX Beacon 5.0 - 588, EXP FAIR ISAAC 627, TU FICO 658

GOAL: 700

Message 8 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@LavendarL wrote:

Please explain, I thought an old debt would fall off after 7 years from DOFD even if unpaid?

Are you referring to the clause about applying for jobs that pay more than 75K or homes for more than 150K?

I wonder about this because I recently applied for a mortgage and they mortgage broker showed me my credit report.  I didn't see any old unpaid debts on it.  I had old unpaid debts from 10-15 years ago.

CO's or collections are excluded 7.5 years from the DoFD, paid or unpaid.

When a broker/lender/creditor asks to see your entire credit file, under those circumstances, they can.  Most do not use that allowance though.

Message 9 of 17
LavendarL
Established Member

<quote.CO's or collections are excluded 7.5 years from the DoFD, paid or unpaid.

When a broker/lender/creditor asks to see your entire credit file, under those circumstances, they can.  Most do not use that allowance though.

How can I get a copy of my full credit file, so I can see what old debts may still be on there that I cannot see on my regular report?

2/2011:
EFX Beacon 5.0 - 540, XPN FICO II - 619, TUC Classic 04 -

CURRENT SCORES (3/13): EFX Beacon 5.0 - 588, EXP FAIR ISAAC 627, TU FICO 658

GOAL: 700

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.