cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get this removed from my report due to the date?

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Can I get this removed from my report due to the date?

Contact the CRAs and ask for it.  I think the current fee is $11.00 but I could be wrong.

Message 11 of 17
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Just looking at what you posted, it wasn't CO'd or sent to collections.  Do you know if it was?  Is it supposed to be closed?

It wasnt CO or sent to collections. It states 'sold to government for insured balance portion of loan'. 

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Once the 120 day lates are removed it will become a positive account and stay for up to 10 years from date closed.

Message 13 of 17
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Once the 120 day lates are removed it will become a positive account and stay for up to 10 years from date closed.

What about the balance? Should I try to have it opened back up and pay monthly payments? I figure I can ask them remove the lates and then have another installment loan in good standing (once I pay my car off in a couple of months)...would they do that? 

Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643

Message 14 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

They no longer have the loan.  It was sent to someone else so that particular lender couldn't open it back.  It has a 0 balance.

Was this some sort of student loan?

Message 15 of 17
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

They no longer have the loan.  It was sent to someone else so that particular lender couldn't open it back.  It has a 0 balance.

Was this some sort of student loan?

Yes, it was a student loan. So my only option is to request a GW removal?

Message 16 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.