Epic Contributor

Re: Can I get this removed from my report due to the date?

Contact the CRAs and ask for it.  I think the current fee is $11.00 but I could be wrong.

Regular Contributor

guiness56 wrote:

Just looking at what you posted, it wasn't CO'd or sent to collections.  Do you know if it was?  Is it supposed to be closed?

It wasnt CO or sent to collections. It states 'sold to government for insured balance portion of loan'. 

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Epic Contributor

Once the 120 day lates are removed it will become a positive account and stay for up to 10 years from date closed.

Regular Contributor

guiness56 wrote:

Once the 120 day lates are removed it will become a positive account and stay for up to 10 years from date closed.

What about the balance? Should I try to have it opened back up and pay monthly payments? I figure I can ask them remove the lates and then have another installment loan in good standing (once I pay my car off in a couple of months)...would they do that? 

Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643

Epic Contributor

They no longer have the loan.  It was sent to someone else so that particular lender couldn't open it back.  It has a 0 balance.

Was this some sort of student loan?

Regular Contributor

guiness56 wrote:

They no longer have the loan.  It was sent to someone else so that particular lender couldn't open it back.  It has a 0 balance.

Was this some sort of student loan?

Yes, it was a student loan. So my only option is to request a GW removal?

Epic Contributor

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.