Did you mean: 

Can I get this to work in my favor!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I get this to work in my favor!

Hi All, 

Issue:

I setup to pay the full balance of what I owed on an old car that was REPOd, I was told last week that they wanted to offer me a settlement $1933 on a $2760 balance (I've already paid $780.47 on the original balance which was $3540.47). 

I called today to accept the settlement offer only to be told I'd have to pay in full by the end of the month...not November but October. I am sending out a payment for $980 this week. Is there anyway I can persuade them to go with the settlement offer?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I get this to work in my favor!

Wonder if it would work if you just stuck with your original plan and made this payment and then called back, say November 3rd, and then started a new conversation and said 'just got a letter with a settlement offer and I am ready to accept'.  Then when they said have to make it by the end of the month, it would be the end of November.

This did work on my biggest one.

hth

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

(Crying) I wish they sent it to me in the mail. It was an over the phone convo with one of the supervisors. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Wonder if it would work if you just stuck with your original plan and made this payment and then called back, say November 3rd, and then started a new conversation and said 'just got a letter with a settlement offer and I am ready to accept'.  Then when they said have to make it by the end of the month, it would be the end of November.

This did work on my biggest one.

hth

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call again a few days after the first of the month.

Maybe its like car shopping and you get a better deal towards the end of the month when they need to close more deals?

Keep trying, if it was a phone conversation, probably not noted in detail and you can hint and get them to offer it again in November.

GL

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.