cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have a request furnisher letter and dispute letter out to CRA's at the same time?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I have a request furnisher letter and dispute letter out to CRA's at the same time?

I have sent a dispute letter to Equifax and I am in the process of sending dispute letter to Experian and TU as well.  I would also like to send DV letter to the individual CA's and OC's, and I need to obtain the name and address of each from the CRA's.  Can I send an additional letter to Equifax and separate letters to Experian and TU requesting the identity of the furnisher all at the same time?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can I have a request furnisher letter and dispute letter out to CRA's at the same time?

DV letters don't work on the OC.  Not sure what you're asking here.  Are the creditors not posting name and address on your reports?

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I have a request furnisher letter and dispute letter out to CRA's at the same time?

Hi Shogon,

No, the creditors are not posting the name and address on my much credit reports.  Thus, I need to request the identity of the furnishers from the the CRA's.  However, I recently sent dispute letters to the CRA's.  Thus, what I am asking is will the "request identity of the furnishers" letters affect my dispute letters in any way?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I would wait for the disputes to run their course, that way with the added they won't take up to 45 days with additional information.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That makes sense.  I may not even need the furnisher info after the dispute process anyway, and, more importantly, I don't want to add any additional time to the turnaround time.

Thanks, as always, Shogun.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.