Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have this removed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I have this removed?

I have a Capital One account that has been close due to an ex-girlfriend opening and charging without myself knowing about it! I paid the settlement offer back in 2005....However after talking with a customer service rep recently about my account showing as active they told me the account was indeed closed because of their own investigations into fraudulent usage , which was confirmed. So I paid a settlement on this card???? and it still shows on my credit as "PAID, Settled for less than full amount" or something close to that. Should this account be off my record and a refund be in my favor? I would be happy if for only just to remove the negative info from my account.

I had a BK back in 2003 and had nothing negative since but for this! Ironically she open this account for the purpose of rebuilding my credit "for me"….I guess…

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I have this removed?

i would forget about a refund but if you have a police report showing ID theft you maybe able to get it off
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I have this removed?

I would try to get a rep send you something in writing regarding the closure due to fraud. After you receive it, call and ask Cap 1 to remove the account from your CR since it was fraud. If they won't, then you can try sending their letter stating the account was fraudulent to the CRA and ask for the removal.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.