Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I just say....

tag
MommomG08
Valued Member

Can I just say....

Thank you to this forum and everyone on it?! I have had horrible credit for years. I will be honest and say I never really cared either. Now I'm a wife and mom and now I see how important my credit is. I joined this forum and silently read and learn from everyone. Since joining my credit has gone up over 70 points and I actually have revolving accounts in perfect standing. I just checked my credit and I had two soft pulls from companies wanting to offer me credit. I am excited about it but only because it's been YEARS since any company has wanted to give me credit! Thanks to everyone for your help!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Can I just say....

@MommomG08 wrote:
Thank you to this forum and everyone on it?! I have had horrible credit for years. I will be honest and say I never really cared either. Now I'm a wife and mom and now I see how important my credit is. I joined this forum and silently read and learn from everyone. Since joining my credit has gone up over 70 points and I actually have revolving accounts in perfect standing. I just checked my credit and I had two soft pulls from companies wanting to offer me credit. I am excited about it but only because it's been YEARS since any company has wanted to give me credit! Thanks to everyone for your help!

Congarts on your success and best wish on your continued successSmiley Happy

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Congratulations and thanks for taking time to provide some public feedback. It undoubtedly helps otherts to know that there are folks out there making it happen based on stuff shared here.

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

As an aside, the fact that you have received pre-approved offers is a good rebuilding sign!

When a creditor does a soft pull to make an offer for credit, their offer must be a "firm" offer.  That means that you met certain criteria specified to the CRA when they received their limited credit report. 

While it does not assure approval if you apply, since they can they receive your full CR and deny if it does not meet their requriements, it at least shows that you met their pre-screening criteria for their firm offer.

Message 4 of 6
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I just joined today and my story is similar to yours..I ended up here because whenever I "googled" credit questions I got here and I am excited about the possibilities. I hope to post the same thank you a few months from now.  Smiley Happy

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 6
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

Congrats keep up the good work 😀
Samsung mobile
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.