Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I pay CA not to report?

tag
ready2buy
Established Member

Can I pay CA not to report?

I currently have a CO that shows a $519 balance.  The OC says that account has been sent to CA, but no CA is reporting, only the OC is reporting. Here's my question.  Can I pay the CA and ask that they not report? 
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
atl
Contributor

Re: Can I pay CA not to report?

Of course you could. I wouldnt recommend it, but I know for a fact other people have successfully done this.
Message 2 of 10
ready2buy
Established Member

why wouldn't you recommend asking a CA not to report? it seems better not to have this collection show on my credit report. Please elaborate.
Message 3 of 10
ready2buy
Established Member

why is this not recommended?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the OC tradeline reporting a $0 balance...how do you know the account has been sold???...will the OC accept payment???...is not...I will suggest trying to pay the CA in order for them not to report at all...if you wait...and they report...you will get hit with the double whammy....so everything my mail though...send the traditional PFD letter....but where is states deletion from all 3 CRAs....just put "agreement to not report to the CRAs at all"...worth a try...is the account past SOL???...and what is the DOFD???...
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the debt from?  It is always best to work with the OC when you can.   Do so in writting.
Message 6 of 10
ready2buy
Established Member

The OC is reporting a $519 balance.... I know the account has been sent to a CA because when I called a recording told me that the account is no longer with OC and it gave me the CA information.... the OC will not accept payment and the account is within SOL.... and DOFD is 11/07.  Fairly new account.  I will try to PIF for Not Reporting, but I don't want to contact the CA and then they decide to report just for heck of it.  I will try my luck and see what happens.  I am modifying my PFD right now.
Message 7 of 10
ready2buy
Established Member

This is a CC account.  First Premier.  I have the money to PIF and I just want to take the best course of action.

I currently have 3 CO showing a total balance of $1,500 and 4 collections totaling $900.  I have the means to PIF ALL accounts, so it looks good on manual underwrite for future mortgage, but I just want to go about it the best way. 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who is the CA???...bad thing is First Premier is a horrible company to deal with for GW letters...they deny everything...that's pretty recent though....and the COs with the balance are KILLING your scores...so paying they should help your scores...try your hardest to pay the others off...before they are sent to collections...then go back with the GW letters...for the removal of the lates...and such....GOOD LUCK!!!
Message 9 of 10
ready2buy
Established Member

Actually, I have 2 CO with First Premier.  1 CA is Academy and the other is J.C. Christensen but I am trying to figure out if the CA's own the debt or are they just assigned the debt.  Hopefully they are assigned so that I have some flexibility.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.