cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I pay original debt only & not interest or court costs?

tag
George888
New Contributor

Re: Can I pay original debt only & not interest or court costs?

Thanks ficojoe for the information.  That is exactly what I wanted to know.  

Now I know the terminology to use when I email the CA again or talk to the law offrice again.  And if they agree to withdraw or vacate the judgment, then I know how to delete it.

Thank you again for the help!

Message 11 of 13
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Tell them that you will pay in exchange for them ( the attorney/lawyer ) filing a motion to.vacate/set aside the judgement rather than merely noting that it has been satisfied. The only way that you'll get FICO® score improvement is to have the judgement removed from your reports and it will need to be vacated. Judgements remain on your reports for 7 years from the date they were entered.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 12 of 13
George888
New Contributor

Thanks for your help guys.  I will call them on Monday and use those words.  "Withdraw," "Vacate," and "Set Aside," the judgment.  

I hate feeling so powerless however, in knowing that even if they don't agree to vacate or set aside the judgment, I will still pay the settlement because I want to get this behind me and stop accumulating interest.  In the last 6 months, The debt has accumulated about $400 in interest.  

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.