Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I pfd a charge off?

tag
trc1962
Regular Contributor

Can I pfd a charge off?

I have 3 charge offs that are 2+ years old: JCP $650, US BANK $1150 and HSBC $1800. Now the HSBC balance is listed as way too high, my records have it half of that amount. JCPenney added large fees, as my credit limit was $450. I am wondering if it ever works to pfd for a charge off? If not, I guess I can try to get the companies to accept less, being that they have embelished the amounts due. I am trying to get my scores up and have succeded in paying many collection and by gw getting many removed. The charge offs are the last and hardest part of this to tackle. Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can I pfd a charge off?

@trc1962 wrote:

I have 3 charge offs that are 2+ years old: JCP $650, US BANK $1150 and HSBC $1800. Now the HSBC balance is listed as way too high, my records have it half of that amount. JCPenney added large fees, as my credit limit was $450. I am wondering if it ever works to pfd for a charge off? If not, I guess I can try to get the companies to accept less, being that they have embelished the amounts due. I am trying to get my scores up and have succeded in paying many collection and by gw getting many removed. The charge offs are the last and hardest part of this to tackle. Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

You can attempt a PFD for a CO directly with the bank though I dont advise you contact them if its inside states SOL unless you have the full amount to pay, could end up with some unintended consequences. Even if they wont PFD it may be to your advantage if they are updating these on a monthly basis, if they have not been then you would see a score drop if you dont get the PFD and it updates to a Paid CO.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.