Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I rebuild on my own?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I rebuild on my own?

Hello and welcome to myFICO. I've split your post off to start a new thread in Rebuilding Your Credit. I think you will get more answers there. All I did was change the title. If you want to change it to something else you can edit your own post. 

To edit your post, go to the post. To the right you'll see "Options." Click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu. If you need any help with anything, let me know.

--marinevietvet, myFICO moderator

Hi ~ I am looking to get some negatives on my score deleted and I wondered how you did this? On your own or through a company?

THX for your time.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can I rebuild on my own?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi ~ I am looking to get some negatives on my score deleted and I wondered how you did this? On your own or through a company?

THX for your time.

Don't hire anyone! Read through these forums and check out these links:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can I rebuild on my own?

As llecs said don't pay anyone to do what you can do for yourself for free. It takes some work but in the end you'll have the satisfaction of knowing it was done right.

What kind of negatives and how many are you talking about? Late payments, charge offs, collections, judgments, etc.?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.