Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I send receipts to the CRA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I send receipts to the CRA?

I recently paid off my utilization from 95% down to about 2%. It's taking forever to report to the CRAs and I was wondering if I could contact them if I have official documents from the OC showing updated balances and all of that? I'm trying to apply for a mortgage soon, so I don't want to deal with "disputes" or any of that mess...but I'm getting really impatient waiting for my new balances to report. Time is of the essence!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I send receipts to the CRA?

If these are crredit cards then you have to be aware they are on a monthly cycle which you can't hurry up.  Call the credit card companies and find out when they report to the credit bureaus -- then you will know for sure what to expect.

With some credit cards you can change your statement due date which sometimes changes the statement closing date but, you need to know these things way in advance of applying for a mortgage. 

Message 2 of 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Can I send receipts to the CRA?

You can request that your creditors send an out of cycle update to the CRAs ~ however many creditors don't know how or won't do this, so YMMV.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.