cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I send this letter to the CRAs for deletion?

tag
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Can I send this letter to the CRAs for deletion?

AFNI just agreed to delete an account from all credit bureaus.  Attached to the email was a confirmation letter on their letterhead, dated etc.  It says it could take up to 60 days for the process.  I admit, I'm impatient. 

Can I send the letter directly to the CRAs?   If so what method is best?   This is the meat of the letter:

This letter is to inform you that we have investigated your dispute related to the referenced account. Based on the investigation this account has been closed. Afni, Inc. will take no further collection action.

In addition, if this account has been subject to credit reporting, the credit reporting agencies will be directed to remove this account from your credit report. Please note, it may take up to 60 days for the account to be removed. In the interim, you may use this letter as a notice regarding the status of the account.

We apologize for the inconvenience this situation may have caused.

If you have any questions, please contact our office toll free at 1-888-827-6002 Monday - Friday 7am-9pm CT.

This letter is from a debt collector. You have the right to inspect your credit.

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can I send this letter to the CRAs for deletion?

I wouldn't do anything. Doing so could delay their demise.

Message 2 of 7
sphinx313
Established Contributor

+1 I would just wait it out and let them go away quietly.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I agree, let it run it's course.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 7
awdsmama
Established Contributor

So not what I wanted to hear ;-)

App Free since 2/2013
Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@awdsmama wrote:

So not what I wanted to hear ;-)

In the time I have been in here, I have seen some solid examples of PFD or even GW success whereby the creditor said they'd delete. Knowing the history of the OC/CA, I felt very confident they would delete quickly, but unfortunately the poster would post that they disputed it instead. Where it would normally take a week or two or three (they always say 30-60 days to cover their butts), it took a month or longer because I'm positive the dispute delayed the baddie's demise. What I think happens is that the OC/CA puts it in their system to delete. They mostly update in batches. Unfortunately a dispute can come in to them before the update resulting in a delay while they investigate the validity of the baddie. That slows the deletion process by up to 30-45 days, or the dispute time frame. Had the ex-debtor only waited....But I've seen some in here that always delete within a week or two after sending the letter only to result in a delay of a month or two before it falls off [because of a dispute request].

Message 6 of 7
awdsmama
Established Contributor

I know there is a method to the madness and a reason behind all the great advice, and I am listening to it - I am just not patient that's all haha.  I want to SEE the results :-)

I appreciate all the information and advice, thank you!

App Free since 2/2013
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.