Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I sue my Lawyer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I sue my Lawyer

I was hit from the back in 2004 on my motorcycle, the Lawyer sent me to his people for the Therapy and stuff. After while the place told me the lawyer are not returning their calls because nofault is declining their claims. so i stop going. a year later the lawyer called me and said i should settle the case because i dont have enough injuries, so i did. four years later i get this letter from the
CA stating that i owe $2600 for a MRI that i got around that time. after researching, that MRI place is out of business and so is the place i was being treated but the CA obviously bought my debt. in addition none of the medical bills were paid from the case. now im sure they were tryin to contact the Lawyer because none of them ever tried contacting me. one of them even thinks the case is still pending because they sent the Lawyer a lean. The Lawyer screwed me, we settled for $4500 and i inherited over $20000 in medical bills plus lost my job. Can i sue him?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I sue my Lawyer

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. However, we can not provide legal advice to you.

I'd suggest complaining to the bar in your state or seeking legal advice with another lawyer. Most will provide a free consultation.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I sue my Lawyer

You can sue anybody. Whether or not it's a good idea is another question altogether. For that, as has been pointed out, you need another lawyer. See if there is a "law line" offered by your state's bar association. Good luck!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.