Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I trust the CSR from a CA

tag
Dishpro
Regular Contributor

Can I trust the CSR from a CA

3 weeks ago after finally reaching 734 TU (after years of working to clean up my CR I get a credit alert that I have a new collection on my CR. It turns out that years ago Progressive Halcyon sent my account to collection after I switched insurance co.'s I disputed the collection back in 2008 and it was removed from my report. Now 3 weeks ago it came back on my report for $389.00. I called the CA immediately and talked to the CSR she said that if I paid it in full their policy is to have it removed from my report. I made it clear that we were not talking about a PIF but instead they would PFD this collection. I asked for a letter and she said they could not send me one but she assured me that it would be deleted. After talking to her supervisor he concurred. She said it normally from start to finish takes around 30-40 days for the removal. I followed up yesterday after almost 3 weeks and the CSR told me that on 6/07/2012 they reported the removal to TU and he recommended for me to call TU and see if they could expedite the removal. I want to know if anyone has experienced this or if this sounds right to anybody. My TU 734 has dropped to a 669 after the collection.

Starting Score:
Current Score: FICO TU 725 FICO EQ 735 EX 754
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Can I trust the CSR from a CA

If the information was previously deleted as a result of a dispute, then reinsertion of the information is prohibited unless the procedure set forth in FCRA 611(a)(5)(B) has been followed.

Briefly, that procedure requires ANY party requesting reinsertion of the deleted information to provide a Certification of Accuracy to the CRA, the acceptance of that Certification by the CRA, and notice from the CRA directly to you, within 5 days of the reinsertion, stating that they have reinserted the information.

Absent receipt of such notice from the CRA, the reinsertion provisions of the FCRA have not been complied with.

I would send a complaint to the CRA for their violation of section 611(a)(5)(B), requesting that they show receipt of the required Certification and of having provided notice to you of the reinsertion, or delete the improperly reinserted information.

Message 2 of 7
Dishpro
Regular Contributor

Thanks for that. I had no idea. Do you think I should get this process started or wait to see if they fulfill their verbal agreement to remove the collection. I guess what I, asking is will filling the complaint interfere with their promise to have it removed?

Starting Score:

Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Your complaint would be filed with the CRA.  They are the party responsible for assuring compliance with section 611(a)(5)(B).

I dont see the impact on the furnisher, or their separate commitment to delete.......

Message 4 of 7
Dishpro
Regular Contributor

Thanks Again....

Starting Score:

Message 5 of 7
Lasardo
Established Contributor

I Have had success where I was assured that something would be deleted and it actually was but that was before I found these helpful people here like Robert. I feel like I just got lucky. I now request EVERYTHING in writing even if I am a pain.Could you advise us with what company it was with?
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 6 of 7
Dishpro
Regular Contributor

Credit collection services Needham, Ma. 02494

Starting Score:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.