cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I try to settle w/Midland and have them not report?

tag
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

Can I try to settle w/Midland and have them not report?

I have been getting calls and one letter from Midland about an old credit card account which I don't know the DoFD.  Neither the card nor Midland is showing up on my reports.  I would be willing to settle with Midland in hopes that they wouldn't report this account to the CRA's.

Is this possible to do?  If so, how much should I try to settle for and what exactly should I say in the letter?  Is there some kind of settlement/PFD hybrid letter?

Thanks

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can I try to settle w/Midland and have them not report?

Anyone?

Message 2 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 3 of 18
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

I don't know.  You're the only one that's attempted to help me every time I've posted so thank you for that.

I opened the account in 2005 but maybe went delinquent in 2007 but I'm not totally sure.

I can't seem to find any answers from searching the internet as to why neither account is showing on my reports.

Message 4 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Not all creditors report, even nasty CAs don't always.

Before stirring anything up I would try to find the DoFD.  It may be earlier than you thought.

Message 5 of 18
Bell536
Contributor

I had something show up on my report from them.  I called the OC and found out it was paid in full in 2009!

I think they are such scammers!  They should be shut down!  I sent documentation and am waiting the 7-10 business

days for M to delete.  Tread carefully.  They throw debt spaghetti at the credit report walls hoping to collect from anyone or anything.

Clean up CR for home purchase.Started on 04/16/2013.
04/16/13 EQ 536,TU 537,EXP 552 Lender pull
04/30/13 EQ 602 MYFico.com 05/12/13 EQ 614 / TU 595 MYFico.com
05/18/13 EQ 625 MYFico.com,614TU 5/28 EQ 625 Mid Score 621 TU
05/31/13 EQ 663 MyFico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 6 of 18
Bell536
Contributor

Also... dont contact M until you have called the OC and gotten all info regarding the original account.  If OC account was paid in full, ask for them to send you a letter stating so and hold onto it in case M does report.  If M calls again and you know the original accout was paid, tell them so and tell them to stop harassing you.  

Hopefully not, but if M reports to your CR, PM me and I'll give you a direct line, fax number and email address for an AMERICAN that works at M.  The Indian guys are just collectors and have no say, no power.  Good luck and keep us posted!

Clean up CR for home purchase.Started on 04/16/2013.
04/16/13 EQ 536,TU 537,EXP 552 Lender pull
04/30/13 EQ 602 MYFico.com 05/12/13 EQ 614 / TU 595 MYFico.com
05/18/13 EQ 625 MYFico.com,614TU 5/28 EQ 625 Mid Score 621 TU
05/31/13 EQ 663 MyFico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 7 of 18
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your replies.

Can I just call Citi and ask them for the DoFD?  I think I may have asked you that before.

I know the account isn't PIF because I haven't paid anything on it unless some kind stranger paid it for me.

Message 8 of 18
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

Anyone?
Message 9 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It might be worth a phone call to Citi, or see if you still have statements laying around. Or if Citi reports, then you can get the DOFD off that listing and it would be the same as applied to the CA.

I haven't recalled seeing one in a long time, but you could modify a PFD for a pay-for-not-reporting type of letter. Basically it's like a PFD but you agree to pay $x in exchange for their written response (the CA's) that they will not report in exchange for accepting such a payment. But definitely find out the DOFD because it would make the pay-for-not-reporting unnecessary.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.