cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use their screwup to my advantage???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I use their screwup to my advantage???

Ok as I had stated earlier I sent DV emails to AFNI for 2 seperate accounts. I received copies of both of the final bills that are listed (very wierd as they are both the same #'s and dates)  Anyway, I got 1 letter with my name and info and the 2nd letter with someone else's name/debt information (account # and balance and address) .   So my question is, can I use this to my advantage?  I would like to get these off my CR asap.  Should I let it ride out to their drop off dates (which the last one in Jan 2012)

THanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I use their screwup to my advantage???

I just emailed them a PFD on both accounts (SERIOUSLY LOW BALLING THE OFFER!!!) and mentioned in the email that they sent me someone else's information (name/address/oc/amount/acct#) and that I know that it is in violation of FDCPA.  I also attached the letter that they sent me (just so that they know I am not joking).  I am hoping that they either take the offer or just delete both accounts just so i "don't report them"

Fingers crossed I hear from them asap.  This would bring a total of 7  things that I get removed by the end of this month.  2 of them already scheduled to drop off, 2 accounts I was AU on and 1 that was just not mine and they have agreed to remove them.  I am so so hoping that they just delete so I don't report them. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.