Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Inquiries be disputed???

tag
koky
Frequent Contributor

Can Inquiries be disputed???

Can Hard Inquiries be disputed on a CR????
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor
Message 2 of 9
koky
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can Inquiries be disputed???

From Enhanced Recovery and Sallie Mae.
Message 3 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If they have accounts of yours then no.  If say, Sallie Mae sold the account then no they do not have any type of PP.

Message 4 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yes, but the dispute must be made via the CRA dispute process, and not via a direct dispute with the inquiree.

The implementing rules for the direct dispute process specifically exempt direct disputes pertaining to credit inquiries.

The same is true of public record information.

Message 5 of 9
koky
Frequent Contributor

I tried to dispute with experian , but they won't dispute that information for me... They say under the FCRA they can't dispute the Inquiries so I have to contact the Creditors myself for them to send me a letter before it can be removed.
Message 6 of 9
hopingsoon
Regular Contributor

Please keep us updated on this. I'm wondering about disputing inquiries but there isn't that much information about it. 

Starting Score: FAKOs EQ 537 TU 497 EX 517
Current Score 7/11/13: FICOs EQ 650 TU 659 EX 655
Goal Score: 675 Who am I kidding? Goal Score: 750+ Smiley Happy

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious about this too, when going through my report I noticed an inquiry from Verizon that I definitely didn't do or authorize in May 2013. I also have one from "Trak 1" from Dec 2012 that I don't recognize, but that was around the time I began apartment hunting with the soon to be wife so that HP might be them. I have a fairly common name so I'm sure that's where the Verizon HP came from...
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.