Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Midland Credit Management delete ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can Midland Credit Management delete ?

I am trying to do pay for delete for a 2004 collection, they said they can only update "paid as agreed" .. Did anybody succeed in deleting the trade line.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can Midland Credit Management delete ?

I just did a quick search of Midland Credit Management, and I got lots of hits (173).  Use the search function, and there's plenty of anecdotal information about Midland out there.  Good luck!

They can delete, the question is just whether or not they will.  Their obligation is to report correctly.  But they can also not report at all.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't remember if it was 2 or 3 accounts that I had deleted with Midland Credit Management 4 months ago. I wrote a 30 day letter to Midland asking them to provided me with details of the accounts that they were reporting on. I asked them to send me the application or signature anything showing that the accounts were mine.

I received a call from one of their employees who was SUPER rude telling me that they were not going to provided me with any type of detail regarding the accounts because he didn't have to. He kept referring back to the 30 days dispute letter that they send you when they receive your account(s) in their office. I told him that I never received anything.

The main thing to do with these creditors is to STAND FIRM with them. Don't let them tell you how things are going to be, you tell them!!! Make sure to educate your self with credit reporting laws. They  have to provided you with information on your account at any time you request it.

I believe that after that phone call I received a "Debt Verification" form that looked like my 3 year old put together. Once I received the debt verification form I wrote them a "15 day follow up" letter telling them that if they didn't send me the information that I was requesting that I would be taking legal action against them. Again I received a call from the same guy at Midland just as rude. Well I didn't receive anything else from them and I filed a Small claims case against Midland Credit Management. Right before the date of the case, I received a call from a lady at Midland and told me that they wanted to settle with me. They sent me a Disclosure Agreement stating that they will not sell my account to anyone else, and that they will delete all my info from all credit bureaus as long as I dropped the case.

If you decided to go through these steps make sure you do the following:

Write a 30 days letter asking for verification of the account(s)

After the 30days are up, write a 15 day following up (settle out of court letter)

Once the 15 days are up file your claim in Small Claims.

I hope this helps you! You can do it!

Message Edited by llecs on 01-27-2009 02:50 PM
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Onebdrfly 

Last week I spoke with one of their manager, I tried to have a pay for delete, he insist they don't do that and they only update the trade line with "paid as agree" ...I said if you want the money you have to delete otherwise no money... It looks to be they are very difficult to deal with

any suggestion ?

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

What exactly do you file for in small claims court against MCM?  I am having the same problem of trying to get them to delete.  They are very difficult to deal with!
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you send a DV CMRRR?  What is your SOL?  Never talk to a CA  everything in writing!!!!!
Message 6 of 13
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

got the same here.. i paid in full and they updated pif but still showing 120 days late in accounts I filed a dispute with equifax to remove the 120 days late since they are a collection agency and have no right showing 120 days late.. Getting letter together for the BBB right now they got 17 days left
2wheel
Message 7 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

CAs can report lates.
Message 8 of 13
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

on mine it shows current thru nov 08 then in dec 08 shows 120 days late.. didnt know there was 120 days in december they must be on a diffrent calender at midland

2wheel
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

BA operates on an extended month for calculating interest!

Lol - you didn't know there was more time hidden in each and every month?  Man, only the bankers can find it!

I have had some success with pointing out to the CRA's that somethings are just not possible, like 120 days between Nov and Dec in the same year, and asking them to remove the 120 days late.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.