cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a CA place a settled account on my CR when the OC is still reporting?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can a CA place a settled account on my CR when the OC is still reporting?

OC Cap1 sold/transfered 2 charged off accounts to Portfolio Recovery. OC was still listed on my Credit Report as owing the debt, status closed, charged-off. No collection agencies on my CR. I recently paid off the debt through the CA Portfolio Recovery before any collection account apparead on my credit. Can the CA now list themselves on my credit as settled charge off?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JayNYOne

Re: Can a CA place a settled account on my CR when the OC is still reporting?

I'm still farily new here, but I've read aout this happening.  I would also think that they are legally allowed to do so as long as you didn't get an agreement stating otherwise.  They are reporting accurately, technically.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, they are allowed to do that, and yes its incredibly slimy, reprehensible behaviour. Always, ALWAYS confirm that payment will result in it not reporting if it has not yet done so.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Argggggg! Well I didn't do it. I just have to hope it isn't reported as such. Fackk.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If a collection acct was to be placed on my CR how long would it take to show up? One account has been settled since Jan 30th. The other Feb 9th. Equifax has updated for  both account balences and they're now zero. No collection has showed up yet.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will show up on the next pull of your reports following placement. they can place it at any time. You're probably good if it does not appear in the next 30 days.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.