cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Collection Agency Reporting status as 120 days past due?

tag
deseandav09
Contributor

Can a Collection Agency Reporting status as 120 days past due?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Can a Collection Agency Reporting status as 120 days past due?

If that was the status of the account when they acquired/bought the debt from the OC, yes, they can.

They cannot report monthly lates.

Message 2 of 5
deseandav09
Contributor

Thanks for the response but this is all confusing to me. The original creditor is showing a pay day loan lender that I've never heard of. Two weeks ago I got score watch alert that a new coll by the name of northern resolution grodispenser heard from this company. So I did a dispute and yesterday the dispute was completed and the item remained. Today I received a SW alert a new coll was added by the name of er acquisitions same address and phone# as northern resolution showling current status as 120 days past due and 90 day past due Jan/2014 which dropped my score 25 points. My fico report is showing this but Equifax report is showing as just collection. This is giving me such a headache. Any suggestions or help please as to what I can do

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The 2 collections agencies apparently are the same company.

Since you have already disputed with the CRAs and they verified the debt and you know it is not yours, send the CA a DV letter.  Ask for the name and address of the OC and an itemizaiton of the debt.

If they validate and you know it isn't yours I would fill out an FTC Fraud Affidavit and file a police report.  Send both to the CRAs and have them block the account.  Also send the same documents to the CA and ask for any documentation they may have.

Message 4 of 5
deseandav09
Contributor

Ok I will send DV thanks

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.