cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Satisfied Tax Judgment be Removed Early?

tag
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Can a Satisfied Tax Judgment be Removed Early?

Hello All -  I have a satisfied NYS tax judgment from 12/2011.   Can this or any type of paid judgment be removed from CRs early, or must it stay there for 7 years?  Thanks 

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Can a Satisfied Tax Judgment be Removed Early?

NYS states FCRA says paid judgments are removed at 5 years from filing date.  Tax liens 7 years from date paid.

Message 2 of 3
OptimalFICO
Valued Member

Re: Can a Satisfied Tax Judgment be Removed Early?

@Changingmantra wrote:

Hello All -  I have a satisfied NYS tax judgment from 12/2011.   Can this or any type of paid judgment be removed from CRs early, or must it stay there for 7 years?  Thanks 

I always say, never say never. The only for sure thing is that it is not possible unless you try. Some members in this forum have had success with getting judgements removed. Have you used the search feature to see what you can find? RckstrScott is one such member who reported, "... was able to motion my judgment back into court, and have it vacated based on payment. This was in Dupage County." In general he has reported incredible progress in repairing his credit, but the 'lone baddie' he couldn't get removed early as of 4/2011 was a 'paid Illinois tax lien.' Each state's tax agency is different, however, so it wouldn't hurt to try and send a Goodwill Deletion (GW) letter to NYS' tax authority.

Following is a link to "Frequently Requested Threads" on this forum, including a GW primer:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Frequently-Requested-Threads/m-p/10675

Good luck!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.