cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a credit score get really high with...

tag
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

Re: Can a credit score get really high with...

He never said it was all accurate information. Maybe I could have been more specific. Look over your reports and see if there is inaccurate information.

That still does not change the fact that they are unpaid and even if you found information not to be correct and disputed the old accounts, there would be a good chance they may just update their information.

Message 11 of 20
guiness56
Epic Contributor

No, he did not.  He did say they were his accounts.

What does them not being paid have to do with anything?  Other than not hurting the score so much any more.

Message 12 of 20
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

If they were paid collections and there was information found that was incorrect and then disputed, there would be a good chance that the CA would not take the time to verify the information. Especially on debt over six years old.

Example I had two small collections that were paid five years ago. Well the DoFD did not match on any of my reports. So i disputed. Both were removed. Was I lucky? Maybe.

Message 13 of 20
westo12
Established Contributor

I am sure I will hear it for this, but I have no prob disputing any and everything.  They put collections on your credit report to get your attention and get it paid.  I think it's only fair that when they are taken care of (especially in full) that they should delete them.  

The credit system is ridiculous anyway.  How is it that my 18 year old daughter gets added as an AU on 5 of MY cards that I've taken care of responsibly, comes out with a 720 and can get pretty much whatever card she can qualify for income wise, based on MY credit, but because of past mistakes, which I've since paid off in full plus some, I have to wait for them to age off?  I will never understand this concept.

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 14 of 20
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I only speak from the policies of this site about disputing accurate information.

Message 15 of 20
WhiskeyR
Valued Member

@guiness56: everything is disputable. Doesn't mean he'll win, but he can dispute anything he wants. Might get lucky, too. I have. Others have.

Message 16 of 20
guiness56
Epic Contributor

No, everything is not disputable.  If EVERTHING on the TL is reporting correctly and it is your debt, it would not be disputable.

Again, I am only talking about the terms and conditions of THIS website.  If you haven't read them you may want to do so.

Message 17 of 20
dciples
Established Member

Here's the deal. I asked this question, cause mys wife and I have been tetatively accepted by a homebuilder because our credit score should be where it needs to be when the house is finished. That's the "gamble" the lender is willing to take on us. I am hoping that our scores will reach 660 in 5 months so we can apply for a downpaymnet assistant program UT offers. I don't want to try and pay for any of these cause it might screw up my credit. Make sense?

Starting scores 8/23/2012: EQ-526; TU-506; EX-548
Lender pull 10/11/2012 EQ-569; TU-531; EX-560
Lender Pull 11/5/2012 EQ-584; TU-598; EX-559
Lender pull 1/22/2013 EQ?; TU-607; Ex-539
Milestone 1: 620
Message 18 of 20
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Paying off a collection through a 3rd party CA should not mess up your score.  However, I see where you are coming from.

Have you considered a PFD?

Message 19 of 20
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@guiness56 wrote:

No, everything is not disputable.  If EVERTHING on the TL is reporting correctly and it is your debt, it would not be disputable.

Again, I am only talking about the terms and conditions of THIS website.  If you haven't read them you may want to do so.

Thank you for this post guiness.  Yes, advising disputing accurate information is a clear violation of the TOS of myFICO. 

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.