Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help me with a CA problem???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone help me with a CA problem???

Hi Everyone,

Back in July 2009 I cancelled 3 accounts with ATT and I was not supposed to be charged any type of cancellation fee, per a customer service rep. Just last week a CA sent me a notice that I owe ATT $600 and and they're willing to settle. They have also reported me to EX and TU. What do I do now??? Should I contact att?? I called the CA and they said they do not do PFD. Any advice? I lost 60 points from experian, i don't think they've reported the debt to any other CB. ;./ I don't see any DOFD on any of my credit reports and the CA is stating that this debt is from July 2011..i'm so confused..;/

Thank you in advance.

Best,

0live

Edit: This originally occurred while i was living in ny, and the SOL is only 2 years in NY..and  i recently moved to wa state , not sure what the SOL is..don't know if that makes a difference or not

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Can anyone help me with a CA problem???

You can contact ATT, ask if they still own the debt and accept payment. If so, ask if they will call back the debt from the CA.

If the debt was sold to the CA,then  ATT is out of the picture and the CA is the one you have to deal with.

For more details read What Steps Do I Take?DV?PFD? ...Smiley Wink.It's a sticky above or use the link below in my siggy.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I would start complaining like a mad woman to ATT based on you saying the rep told you it was okay to cancel.  Letters to CEO's, emails, calls - just keep bugging them and hopefully they will want you to go away and fix it.

I did this with Qwest and they got my AFNI account deleted - and I still owed 1/2 the money on the account.  (Well, it might have been AFNI themselves that got sick of me as I bugged them both, but I doubt AFNI would delete knowing I still owed them money).

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 6
jervusboy
Established Member

I know it's frustrating

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for all of your input and help. I sent them a DV letter so we'll see. Good news is that I disputed a 30 day late with macy's that occurred back in jan 2009 that was incorrect and they just removed it ! it didn't affect my score but i'm still happy =). 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, can anyone tell me if the original att account was when i was living in NY but now i've moved to another state-- which state law would it fall under? Ny or my new state??

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.