cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone provide me info on how to get inaccurate info removed from CRs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone provide me info on how to get inaccurate info removed from CRs?

I lost my wallet and am now dealing with Identity Theft. I have inquiries on my reports that I would like removed. I disputed but they came back as verified. I called the FTC and they said I need to write the CRAs to have them removed. That was all the info they gave me. Can anyone direct me on where I can find info on the process? Also, if anyone else has done this, have you had issues in doing so? I have police reports but I don't know if that will help in getting inquiries removed since there were no accounts associated with them. My CRs also show closed cards. My mail was lost and late on three occasions the replacement cards were cancelled and are now showing as closed accounts is it possible to have those removed as well?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Can anyone provide me info on how to get inaccurate info removed from CRs?

Here's some info from the FTC, that I believe will help you...http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/idtheft/consumers/defend.html

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.