cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anything be assumed by reporting date?

tag
diabla
Regular Contributor

Can anything be assumed by reporting date?

I know its not an exact science, but I was just wondering if there are any assumptions we can take from the Reported dates?  I noticed some debts will report and update every month, and those obviously are being watched and the collectors are probably ready to negotiate (or do battle) with you if you DV or PFD or GW or whatever.  Then I see some that haven't updated in over a year or longer.  Can I assume that those are probably easier to tackle because no one is regularly sending data?  Or would that not be a good assumption?

I got one deleted that had not updated since 2008 but I realize that can always pop back up later if it gets sold to another CA.  Its nice to have it gone right now though.  My experience has been that most CAs will call you with an offer before they attack your CR, so if I get a call on it, I'll try to settle before it goes on my credit.

Has your experiences lead you to believe certain things about those CAs that don't update often, or never?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can anything be assumed by reporting date?

You really can't read anything behind the reported or status dates. I've been successful with DVs on dormant CAs per their deletion. I've been successful with GWs on non-updating OCs and CAs. When comparing everyone's experiences, I've found that some OCs/CAs love to update very frequently, and some don't, and their updates weren't tied around SOL or CRTP. They have their own internal reporting department and each company creates their own rules for reporting and updating.

Message 2 of 3
diabla
Regular Contributor

Re: Can anything be assumed by reporting date?

Okay, thanks!  I was hoping someone had discovered some thinly veiled patterns that helped to read their pulse, lol.  Would be nice!

I know a plus about the ones that update weekly - if you're paying them like a PFD, then you'll see the results quickly, which is nicer than having to wait for some indefinite amount of time.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.