Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can collection say Never to PTD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can collection say Never to PTD

Hi all, Ok I called a collection company to request for payment for delete. Medical Bill of $800 - paid: $150 off it tho

this rude lady was like NO, we will never delete it even if you pay in full.

how do I go about this and have it deleted from my reports.

this is the only collection I have on my report and Im trying to build my credit

My FICO now from barclays US is 741

Credit Karma TU : 698 EX 643

Need help on this and an advised would be great.

Thank you all

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

Re: Can collection say Never to PTD

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all, Ok I called a collection company to request for payment for delete. Medical Bill of $800 - paid: $150 off it tho

this rude lady was like NO, we will never delete it even if you pay in full.

how do I go about this and have it deleted from my reports.

this is the only collection I have on my report and Im trying to build my credit

My FICO now from barclays US is 741

Credit Karma TU : 698 EX 643

Need help on this and an advised would be great.

Thank you all

There is no requirement for them to remove it. Sometimes all you can do is continue to ask nicely and hope that it gets removed, but yes a collection agency can refuse to remove a collection.

Message 2 of 8
stickbowbuilder
New Contributor

the bad news is, yes they can... but the good news is that rep that told you no is not the only rep there. call back, explain your situation with words like credit rebuilding, you made mistakes in the past ect. if told no, say thank you and hang up. call back later in the day or the next day. with mine it took three calls over three weeks. you will get there Smiley Happy

April 15 2015 EQ 630.. rebuild credit journey, zero baddies, 13 year credit age, 4 years aa. current scores June 1 - EQ 709, EX 679, TU 754. in the garden til 10/15.. venture card is in my sights!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great guys. will call again.. the lady just treated me like trash just because I owe....lol  everybody owes in this world.Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

If the CA is resistant to PFD, you could always pay/settle and try GW requests later.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just called again and they are willing to do 80% settlement...She says I should pay 80% and will still be on my report. smhSmiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 8
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Well, sound like they are willing to negotiate, which tells me this account is several years old probably? When was the date of first delinquency? If its old, you might remind them how soon the reporting period expires, and ask them if they'd prefer full payment for a very simple deletion, or nothing at all. I however wouldnt do that unless its outside the SOL, and closer to the end of the reporting period.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok This account was post just in December 2014

Its a new account

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.