cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can disputing result in new missed payment?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can disputing result in new missed payment?

If you dispute a charge off account that is several years old and have it update with a brand new missed payment date?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can disputing result in new missed payment?

I had a CO report lates...EVERY MONTH..for 2 years..until I paid???....they can do that...
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is possible, yes. If the creditor furnished updated information to the CRA, and part of that information was a late payment, then it would show up just like any other late payment.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

But if it was a charged off account showing a zero balance, how am I supposed to pay on that? Even if i wanted to, it shows that it was written off. I have been on time with every bill I have for the past year trying to get my scores up, now I dispute and get a brand new missed payment on there. Should I try a PFD? Do those work for charged off accounts?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it has a $0 balance...there can't be any late...have you disputed it???...
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I just discovered this... It is the result from a dispute that came back as verified. It also says under creditor's statement : "Purchased by another lender." So I think that if theyve sold the debt, or written it off with a zero balance there is no way they can report this as something new. If I dispute this with the CRA's, what specific reason should I use? I just wanna make sure I do this correctly, I need my scores to go back up asap for a car purchase next month!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute as..."never late"...that should be an option...
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok this is weird... on EQ the DOLA hasnt changed, its still reporting Dec 2005... however somehow this is being scored as a recently missed payment. I dont even know how to dispute that if all the facts are correct, its just being scored differently somehow since its been updated. any thoughts?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.