cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i call visa as soon i finish paying off my BOA CC that was cancelled?

tag
josemercedes1986
Valued Member

Can i call visa as soon i finish paying off my BOA CC that was cancelled?

hello guys i have questions i was wondering if i can call visa once i finish paying my BOA CC that was cancelled because i max out years ago and i finally will finish paying this Month God willing. to see if they can reported to the credit bureau right away or should i wait the 40 or 60 days ? i need advice please

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Rkalynsmith
Regular Contributor

Re: Can i call visa as soon i finish paying off my BOA CC that was cancelled?

@josemercedes1986 wrote:

hello guys i have questions i was wondering if i can call visa once i finish paying my BOA CC that was cancelled because i max out years ago and i finally will finish paying this Month God willing. to see if they can reported to the credit bureau right away or should i wait the 40 or 60 days ? i need advice please

By report you mean paid in full status? Yeah most likely you will have to wait 30-60 days.

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 721
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@josemercedes1986 wrote:

What are you going to be calling Visa about ?? If you mean can you apply for a visa after you pay this off then I would wait for it to show as paid off.

Message 3 of 5
josemercedes1986
Valued Member

noo i don't want another visa card from bank of america. i just didn't want to wait the 30 days or 60 days to them report it to the credit bureau. but patience will be key for this 

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Any party who has reported information to a CRA has the statutory requirement under FCRA 623(a)(2) to "promptly" unpdate their reporting so as to maintain its current accuracy.  A reasonable interpretation of promptly would be in their next regular reporting cycle after the current balance becomes $0.

It would most likely not be reasonable to require them to make separate reporting outside of their normal monthly reportings, which are done in bulk.

The CRA wont be involved until they receive update from the creditor, so theyhave no basis to update.

If paid just prior to their normal monthly reporting, it may take a few days to get to their data reporting department, and thus could take more than 30 days.

I would wait at least 40'ish days to let their normal reporting cycle  handle the situation rather than going thru a request for reporting outside of their normal process.

However, if critical for some reason, you can certainly make such a request.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.