Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can it Be!? Victoria's Secret

tag
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

Can it Be!? Victoria's Secret

I've had a Victoria's Secret Card since 2004.  In 2011, they dropped my credit limit to $0 (do to a couple of lates), but kept the card open.  It's had a zero balance since 2011 as well.

Today I decided to log in just to see if there was any activity in any direction...and there was a big pink button that said, "Apply for Credit line Increase."  It was screaming at me, "press me, press me!!!" 

I gave in, pressed the button and BOOM....credit line of $200 extended!  I know it's small...but it's better than $0...and thus improving my util. 

I haven't been instantly approved for credit in years.  Thrilled!!

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
pt310
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can it Be!? Victoria's Secret

Congrats on the resurrection!

Message 2 of 12
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Too awesome!!

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 3 of 12
bear812c
Regular Contributor

Congratulations! Approved for instant credit= a great feeling! I had a similar situation with Victoria Secret. 5 years ago I crashed into a financial disaster and due to the major drop in my score VS lowed my available credit to $100 but I was thankfull that they at least kept it open. Well, right before this last Christmas I saw the same "Request Increase" button screaming at me so I clicked it and BAM they gave me $300 CLI! I was thrilled! Also I'll add that back in 2010 I reviewed my credit (it looked like war zone, so bad!)and I had a few late payments to VS so I GW'ed them asking them to remove so my account wouldn't reflect adversly on my credit report and they actually did it for me, which was awesome.

Message 4 of 12
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

Great success Bear!  Congrats!

I sent them a GW letter a few weeks ago also requesting my lates be removed, but I haven't gotten a response yet.  Fingers crossed that I'll have a similar story to tell!! 

Message 5 of 12
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

So I haven't used any of the credit line I was extended less than a month ago...and I logged in today and noticed they bumped me up another $50 to a $250 limit!  Hey...I'll take it!

Message 6 of 12
ktm214
Frequent Contributor

Is the CLI a HP or SP?
Message 7 of 12
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

It was a SP for me.  The second CLI wasn't initiated by me. 

Message 8 of 12
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@aurelie00 wrote:

I've had a Victoria's Secret Card since 2004.  In 2011, they dropped my credit limit to $0 (do to a couple of lates), but kept the card open.  It's had a zero balance since 2011 as well.

Today I decided to log in just to see if there was any activity in any direction...and there was a big pink button that said, "Apply for Credit line Increase."  It was screaming at me, "press me, press me!!!" 

I gave in, pressed the button and BOOM....credit line of $200 extended!  I know it's small...but it's better than $0...and thus improving my util. 

I haven't been instantly approved for credit in years.  Thrilled!!

That's awesome. It's an SP for sure. I spam it almost everyday HAHA.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 9 of 12
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Yup Vic Secret rocks.

I send her to bath n body works with it when I have credit research to do and everyone's happy.

I learned a long time ago...if mommas not happy, ain't noooobody happy...
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.