Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can judgement be removed?

tag
buymeahome
Established Member

Can judgement be removed?

There is a judgement on my husbands credit that was paid before the court date and it says satisfied on his report. My question is the summons has his SS# wrong. The attorney said once paid it would not show on his credit report. Can we legally remove it since it was paid and it has ss# wrong on the paper work?.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can judgement be removed?

Was the judgment legit? If so, I wouldn't bank on a removal based on a bad SSN. What I would do is contact the plaintiff's attorney and see if they could ask the court on your behalf to have it vacated since it was paid. While paid judgments can report, some in here had success by having it vacated.

Message 2 of 5
buymeahome
Established Member

I contacted the attorney and she is going to look into it. She is suppose to get back to me today by 5 if I haven't heard anything by then she told me to call her first thing Monday morning. I really hope she can get it taken off. We paid as soon as we could since the dentist that decided to sue us wouldn't do a payment plan. The insurance overpaid them and then they issued a check to us. Eight months later they want their money back and stated it was an oversight on their part. Prayers please.
Message 3 of 5
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@buymeahome wrote:

There is a judgement on my husbands credit that was paid before the court date and it says satisfied on his report. My question is the summons has his SS# wrong. The attorney said once paid it would not show on his credit report. Can we legally remove it since it was paid and it has ss# wrong on the paper work?.

If it was settled before the court date, then I don't believe this should be a judgement... 

I had an old eviction case that came up that way as well... they sent me to eviction proceedings, I paid the rent before the court date, eviction averted...  

Flash forward to 3 years later; its showing on my credit report. I merely disputed it and it was removed...  

I mean, if you settle a debt before the court case, this isn't or shouldnt be a judgement from the best of my limited legal knowledge

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Good catch, Scott.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.