cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can somebody share me some light on this?

tag
golo
Frequent Contributor

Can somebody share me some light on this?

Thank you all for sharing with others some knowledge.i search all over the forum and couldn't find any similar.I will try to be short,I recently on the last days of April I paid off a charge off from 06(I had a judgment on it,ugh) anyhow,I paid it off and I just recently pulled my TU report and the charge off says paid in full/was a charge off,but it also shows the same debt with a different account number and showing that is past due.My question is,can I dispute that as incorrect balance since I paid it off? Or should I contact the OC? Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
How2increase
Regular Contributor

Re: Can somebody share me some light on this?

What I would do is skip customer service and immediately contact executive office reps. Explain the situation and ask nicely to correct what is reporting. Dispute is your last resort. Good luck!
Jan 2012 TU 517 EX(fako) 524 EQ 470
Current score LENDER PULL TU 652 EX 641 EQ 617
Yayy we made it!!!
Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What does the different account say?  A collection?  Another creditor? The same creditor?

The OC reporting, now showing paid, is apparently correct. 

Message 3 of 6
golo
Frequent Contributor

The diffrent account says: Pay status Account 120 Days Past Due,still shows a balance.It doesn't say collection anywhere,it says close by credit grantor.It's the same creditor.From what i can see and understand base on my little knowledge,(thanks to the forum Smiley Happy.) is like there's 2 accounts for the same debt,but the account number is diffrent and AFAIK i only had 1 credit card with them,why it doesn't show a 0 balance in the 2? I'm about to call them,but i don't like to deal with mean people,sighs.Thanks in advance. 

Message 4 of 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

IME, it's better to deal with the OC. As said before,disputing with the CRA would be your last resort.

Changing the CO to report PIF is great for you score wise. May I ask .... What the name of the CCC?

Just the OC the account reporting PIF is correct and if they would delete the other one with the wrong info.

Good Luck to you and let us know, how it all works out for you.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 5 of 6
golo
Frequent Contributor

Hi Lightn, the name od the ccc is Virginia Credit Union,they are the OC,i called them and their response was dispute it tru the CRAs or send them my reports so they can see,huh? ugh! I guess i have no choice but to dispute tru the CRAs,i will keep ya post it. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.