cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone critique my dispute letter to the CRA's?

tag
AlphaKenny
Contributor

Can someone critique my dispute letter to the CRA's?

Name
Address

Address

July 7, 2014

Experian
P.O. Box 4500
Allen, TX 75013

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing to dispute the following information in my file. I have circled the item I dispute on the attached copy of the report I received.

This item: XXXX CREDIT UNION acct. # XXXXXXXXXXX Auto Loan is inaccurate because it is being reported as a repossession. I have the title in hand showing proof that I paid the auto loan in full and received the title from XXXX CREDIT UNION on 6/4/2010.  I am requesting that the item be removed to correct the information.

Enclosed is a copy of my Certificate Of Title supporting my position. Please reinvestigate this matter and delete the disputed item as soon as possible.  Thirty (30) days should be sufficient.

Sincerely, 

Name

Address

Address

SS #

DOB

Enclosures: Copy of Certificate Of Title

Copy of Credit Report showing incorrect reporting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anything I should add, delete?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
TheFate
Established Contributor

Re: Can someone critique my dispute letter to the CRA's?

Looks good I would just take out the last part, "Thirty (30) days should be sufficient".

Should be an easy removal considering the fact you have the title. I would also get a copy from the lender showing all payments made.

Have you tried contacting the lender and having them remove?

Message 2 of 12
AlphaKenny
Contributor

I'm currently mulling through all of my paperwork to find at least the copy of the cashiers check I used to PIF.  The credit union has not been very cooperative in fixing this issue.  If this letter to the CRA's doesn't work, I think a 623 letter will be next.

Message 3 of 12
TheFate
Established Contributor

I would ask to speak to the supervisor and if that didn't work send out a letter to the EO.

I don't understand why they would mark it down as a Repo when you payed if off? Was there any missed payments?

Message 4 of 12
AlphaKenny
Contributor

Yes, that's the catch. I should have clarified this, but I didn't want my dispute letter to be overlooked. It was repossessed back in 3/2010. I promptly paid in full the next day to keep the vehicle. I posted another recent thread explaining the situation. Basically they are reporting completely wrong and they have failed to fix it. At this point, I just want this off of my reports.
Message 5 of 12
TheFate
Established Contributor

If it WAS repo'd how are they reporting it wrong?

Just because you have the title doesen't mean anything, you need to show proof that every payment was made on time in order to have the CRA's remove it. All they will do is send a Verifcation request to the Lender which will come back verified. Don't waste your money on a Cert mail

Instead I would send a GW letter to the OC explaining it was an honest mistake and that you paid it off the next day.

Message 6 of 12
AlphaKenny
Contributor

It was repo'd 3/2010.  I also PIF the next day in 3/2010.  The loan started 4/2009 and they reported "OK" from then until 9/2009. From then until 8/2011 it shows "ND" (no data).  Thats when they updated it in 8/2011 to "R" (repo). Doesn't them show ND up until 8/2011 and then "R" in 8/2011 stretch the CRTP 17 months past when it should come off?  DOFD should be 3/2010 at the latest, but since they reported it in 8/2011 that makes it stay longer on my reports.  The OC is not being cooperative.  That is why I'm trying this route.  Thoughts?

Message 7 of 12
revivemycredit
Valued Member

also send a copy of a Government issued ID and a Utility Bill (any proof of address), this will avoid any stalling tactics by the CRA. good luck!

Message 8 of 12
AlphaKenny
Contributor

Thank you for the tip.  That might also help since the address that is tied to this tradeline has been deleted.  Hopefully the CRA's just side with me and toss it, but we'll see what happens.

Message 9 of 12
AlphaKenny
Contributor

Ok so I just back doored my TU report and this tradeline is even more confusing than the other two CRA's.  TU has only 5 months of reporting (the first 5 months including a 30 day late 08/2009).  Then in the the "Pay Status" section it says "Account Paid in Full, Was a Repossession".  Also, in the "Remarks" section it says "Paid Repossession".  Technically that is accurate, but since there isn't a "RPO" code in the Payment History, is this even coded as a repo?  Also right under the "Date Closed" there is another remark saying "Maximum Delinquency of 30 days in 08/2009".  THEN it says the estimated time that this item will be removed is 03/2016.  Based on that date, it seems like they are just using the start of the loan or the 30 day late as the DOFD.  Should I leave TU alone, or is there a secret coding that I can't see that shows this as a repo?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.