cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone explain the mystery Discover AU reporting to me?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone explain the mystery Discover AU reporting to me?

Okay, so I am in a fairly seriously relationship with my Girlfriend and we're looking to buy some major things together later this year. I asked her if she would mind me being on her Discover card so I could share the history, balance, CL, etc. She agreed and we went online to do it. The ONLY thing discover wanted was a first and last name (presumably for the new CC to be sent out). I have read countless posts about AUs being added to boyfriend/girlfriend accounts. However, my concern is that her and I share nothing in common as far as credit report aside from being in the same state.

So my question is, how in the world does discover take my name from her application (keep in mind my common first name and very common last name) and tie it to my credit report? The big posters (llecs, et. al) have said they do post. This is still mind boggling.

Bonus Question: I'm alread an AU user on a family members Capital One account, I have my own Capital One CC and I'd like to be an AU on my girlfriend's Capital One. Is this possible? Does Capital One (or any CC company for that matter) have a policy on how many accounts you can be on/have?

Thanks,

Brandon

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can someone explain the mystery Discover AU reporting to me?

MY boyfriend added me as an au on his discover card. We don't live together. It has been two months and it is not reporting on my credit. I even gave discover my birthday and ssn and still nothing!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crazy! What I am wondering is if I am going to have to add her address to my credit report, have her remove me and then add me back again.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My last name changed last year and equifax still shows that last name and I ordered two cards from discover with both names and still not reporting
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can try that. My mom just added me as an au on her jcp card and I changed my address to hers on my tu report hoping it will find me.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to let you know that discover showed up on my experian report today. Yippee. It took a month and a half to show up. We have different addresses.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call into discover and at least have them add your birthday to the file
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover reported finally! I believe it picked up the address from capital one somehow. On my personal information it isn't showing my girlfriend's address, but somehow they picked it up Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.