Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone explain this please?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone explain this please?

My nemesis Capital One bank, I have an old CO account due to fall off in Nov 2016. I decided to subscribe to myfico and this is what shows up.

All 3 bureaus are showing a CO as an open account. Is that possible? Shouldn't it be listed as a closed account? Is this why myfico says that I have a 30% untilization? I actually have less than 8% if this is not included. Im always wondering why my scores do not go up & I think this might be why.

Account 6 of 8

CompanyCapital One Bank UsaCapital One Bank Usa NaCapital One Bank Usa N
Loan TypeCredit CardCredit CardCredit Card
Account Number-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Account HolderIndividualIndividual AccountIndividual
Date OpenedDec, 2009Dec, 2009Dec, 2009
Status

Payment Timeline
Status DateMar, 2016Mar, 2016Mar, 2016
ConditionOpenOpenOpen
Last ActivityJan, 2010-Not Available
Balance$659$659$659
StatusCharge-offCharged off as bad debtUnpaid balance reported as a loss by credit grantor
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can someone explain this please?

It's 7yrs plus 180 days from first date of delinquency. Not the open date.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

And yes. Unless it's paid it will show the balance bringing your UTI up.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that part. Also the cra agencies are the place where I got the date for deletion.  They are saying Nov 2016

Im wondering why a charged off account is reporting as "open"

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a tactic to get people to pay. My UTI was almost at 200% at one time.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. I should've figured that. I spoke to a mortgage broker that said not to pay it all, it'll drop my score.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea it stinks. I can't say if it will increase or decrease. Mine increased because my UTI went down. If it has a deletion date on the report you could call the CRA's and ask for the deletion.
Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A closed credit card only means the creditor has closed the account to further charges.

Once the account has become delinquent to the degree that they have charged-off the debt, yes, they have also closed the account to further charges.

If you go into a store and attempt to use the card, it will almost assuredly be declined.

So you are correct.... the account is almost assuredly closed, and they have just neglected to report as such with the CRA.

However, it is not substantive.  The balance of a closed account is still included in your % util, so it will not make a difference.

Personally, until the account is paid, I would not bother disputing the status of Open.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.