Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Win!

tag
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Can't Win!

Had an old Cap One card and I swear, I don't even remember getting this card. But whatever, I'm not saying it isn't mine, just that I likely got it when I was in a bad place financially and burned Cap One. I have a QS and a QS1 currently.

This was charged off in 2014, and never appeared on my reports. Now, I'm cleaning up my credit and everything under the sun is coming up. :sigh:

I received a letter from PFA and sent a DV request. Never recevied anything back from them (i know they aren't obligated to respond) and now it is on my EQ report as a new collection that is being disputed.

What do I do now?

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't Win!

PRA is going to be tough to deal with. Cap1 is not reporting this, just PRA?

Very typical that things come out of the wood work when we start seeing the light of day.
Message 2 of 16
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Nothing from Cap One, just PRA.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

At least it's not double reporting. Your going to have to wait and see if they respond to the DV. I will PM you something.
Message 4 of 16
RonM21
Valued Contributor

OP, sorry this popped up and I know it's easier said than done, but try not to let this discourage you from the great effort you have been putting in. Hopefully, you can get them to work with you on this.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 16
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
At least it's not double reporting. Your going to have to wait and see if they respond to the DV. I will PM you something.

Got it! Thanks!

Message 6 of 16
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@RM21 wrote:
OP, sorry this popped up and I know it's easier said than done, but try not to let this discourage you from the great effort you have been putting in. Hopefully, you can get them to work with you on this.

It's so hard not to get discouraged :/

Message 7 of 16
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If your DV request was timely, meaning it was sent either without prior dunning notice or within 30 days of a dunning notice, then you could assert that the reporting to the CRA violated the cease collection bar by way of complaint to the CFPB.

It might cause them go delete until such time as they send validation, or it might not.

Ultimately, if they do send validation, they can simply reinsert, so any deletion may only be temporary, and would not address the real issue of legitimacy of the debt and their ability to ultimately report their collection.

You might,depending upon your state of residence, have the ability to impose additional debt collection requimrents without recourse to issues of violation of a cease collection bar......

Message 8 of 16
Cswildfeuer
Established Member

off topic but HOW did you get your scores to bump from 500s to 700s in the year? I can's seem to win either..

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cswildfeuer wrote:

off topic but HOW did you get your scores to bump from 500s to 700s in the year? I can's seem to win either..

Who are you asking?

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.