cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get an apartment...Don't know what else to do. Please help I'm in tears :(

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Can't get an apartment...Don't know what else to do. Please help I'm in tears :(

Yeah private/individual owners are always an option
Message 11 of 14
pnkgirl25
Valued Member

Re: Can't get an apartment...Don't know what else to do. Please help I'm in tears :(

@startingover10 No, thats the problem. My student loans (TFC) are not in default. I am payingon them monthly and have never been late. For some reason when appfolio pulled them on the credit report they gave me, their system is counting them as a negative when EX is counting them as positive.

My other student loans are in deferment because I am still in school.

My main question was can TFC list the same loan 4 times on my credit report if it is the same loan. I have been able to adjust my payments down 3 times due to making a larg lump sum payment. For example, my loan was $8k. I make a large payment of $800 and they modified my loan so that my payments wnefroom $287 to $250. They however are showing the orginal loan amount plus the new loan amount so it looks like I have 4 different loans out for amounts ranging from $8,000 to $7,000 when in reality I only have one student loan in the amount of $7,782.00 Does that make sense?

I finally just gave up and hired a credit repair company to work on this for me for awhile because as a full time PA student, Singel mom and working working I no longer have the time to dedicate to this.

No idea what I'm going to do about an apartment for wight now but I guess I'll have to put that on the back burner too for right now.

Message 12 of 14
pnkgirl25
Valued Member

@fishbjc the area i am looking in is mostly run by property mgmt companies. Not too many private owner...I wish I could go that route Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 14
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@pnkgirl25 wrote:

@StartingOver10 No, thats the problem. My student loans (TFC) are not in default. I am payingon them monthly and have never been late. For some reason when appfolio pulled them on the credit report they gave me, their system is counting them as a negative when EX is counting them as positive.

My other student loans are in deferment because I am still in school.

My main question was can TFC list the same loan 4 times on my credit report if it is the same loan. I have been able to adjust my payments down 3 times due to making a larg lump sum payment. For example, my loan was $8k. I make a large payment of $800 and they modified my loan so that my payments wnefroom $287 to $250. They however are showing the orginal loan amount plus the new loan amount so it looks like I have 4 different loans out for amounts ranging from $8,000 to $7,000 when in reality I only have one student loan in the amount of $7,782.00 Does that make sense?

I finally just gave up and hired a credit repair company to work on this for me for awhile because as a full time PA student, Singel mom and working working I no longer have the time to dedicate to this.

No idea what I'm going to do about an apartment for wight now but I guess I'll have to put that on the back burner too for right now.

I wouldn't spend money on the credit report companies.  All they can do is dispute and dispute.   You could do that on your own and it really doesn't take up too much time.  

TBH, the mom-and-pop places can be even worse when it comes to screening for rentals.  I'd suggest sub-leasing or renting from a private party while this gets straightened out.   Something is definitely off in how this is reporting.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.