Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get approved for any thing!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't get approved for any thing!!

I make pretty decent money, $600 a week plus my husband the same. But my problem is I can't get approved for anything!! I mostly have medical crap on my credit but I also have some old loans I never got to pay off because I lost my job. My scores are transunion 530 and equifax 535..... I currently have 3 things I have open trying to up my credit a fingerhut fresh start account and a acceptance now and my car... Which I've had my car since June and they have only reported 1 times which makes me mad!! I've applied for gettington, emporium, capital one secured , first progress, us bank secured, indigo and all denied I only got approved for an open sky cc because it's no credit check..... I have $75 left to pay on my fingerhut fresh start account and see if I graduated to a higher amount!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't get approved for any thing!!

Open a State Department Credit Union Secured card. They charge no fees for it, and there is no credit check. Cancel Open Sky CC, those types of lenders are predatory and rely on fees. 

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw that on some one else thread!! I'm looking in to them now. It says I need a savings account to with them. Do they report monthy??
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

They should report monthly, you can open a savings account all online. 

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tydawg thank you I will be trying that tonight
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem, good luck!

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Open a State Department Credit Union Secured card. They charge no fees for it, and there is no credit check. Cancel Open Sky CC, those types of lenders are predatory and rely on fees. 

Actually, Open Sky is one of the least predatory of the subprime issuers. No BS monthly fees or application fees, a reasonable AF of only $35, No sky high interest rate (like FP's 33%), and interest free grace period. They are far preferrable to Credit One and FP.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually, Open Sky is one of the least predatory of the subprime issuers. No BS monthly fees or application fees, a reasonable AF of only $35, No sky high interest rate (like FP's 33%), and interest free grace period. They are far preferrable to Credit One and FP.

Anything that charges an AF with no rewards is predatory IMO.

Message 8 of 13
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Anything that charges an AF with no rewards is predatory IMO.

Some people do not have a lot of options when they are just starting out with lower scores.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 9 of 13
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Since you only mention EQ and TU scores I'm going to assume that you got the scores from Credit Karma, which are Vantage 3 scores. Very few lenders use that. If so I'd suggest getting the 7 day trial for Creditchecktotal.com and see what your Fico scores are.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.