cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't remove because of USA Patriot Act???

tag
750Hopeful
New Contributor

Re: Can't remove because of USA Patriot Act???

@RobertEG wrote:

Bottom line is that any deletion is voluntary on their part, and thus their good-will is required.

Patriot Act provisions border on the absurd, but be that as it may, arguing with them over that issue, or asserting that the FCRA does not prohibit deletion, etc., creates an atmosphere of controversy and antagonism that hardly promotes an atmosphere of good will.

I would bite my toungue and continue to pursue gracefully up the management chain until reaching one with both authority to grant exceptions and the willingness to do so.

This is true and I agree, which is why I also have a mailing campaign in progress right now... I have 2 GW letters/week going out to 2 different Shell customer service general correspondance addresses.

The one that I got this letter from came from "Office of the President" as I have been emailing one of their executives. My email to their executive is what has been garnering these letters back in the mail.

I'm hoping they'll just get tired of me and grant my simple request. Their last two letters have ended with "We will no longer response to inquries regarding this matter," and they keep responding so it's clear they are probably compelled by some internal policy to respond to all letters. And it's the SAME woman who keeps responding to me so she keeps having to write these letters. I know it's the same person and not just the same name on every letter because she hand signs it and it's not a printed signature.

Message 11 of 12
MonkeyBelly
Regular Contributor

Re: Can't remove because of USA Patriot Act???

Personally I wouldn't mention that the company already said no to a GW letter. Just be polite and persistent...
Starting myFICOs 2013
TU:664 March --> 726 May 25
EQ: 687 on March 6 --> 772 May 25
USAA EX (FAKO): 701 March 27 --> 768 May 26
Original goal (720+ across the board) achieved!
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.