Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't seem to rebuild the score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't seem to rebuild the score

Hi, On my report the last late payment was over four years ago. We have payed off all of our debt and opened a secured credit card account. It was my understanding that the score would be going up but it is still in the not good category. What else can we do? Can we send requests to the credit bureau to adjust it according to our recent history? We are getting tired of waiting

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Can't seem to rebuild the score

First, the CRAs cant "adjust" accurate reporting made to them, and second, they have nothing to do with actual scoring. 

Requests for deletion of accurately reported information need to be directed at the party who reported the information.

You can send them requests for earlier deletion of their reported information.  Read up on good-will letters.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

"We are getting tired of waiting"

You know what -- me too!  I am not a patient person.  Nevertheless, building, or rebuilding, a FICO score takes time.  We have to be in this for the long haul.  That's why I depend on this website to keep me fortified to continue on.  And, in the meantime, while doing all this waiting, I can do my part to help encourage others and, I can learn more about how the credit system works.  I learn something new here every day! 

Hang in there!  I wish you the very best!!!

Message 3 of 4
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

My thoughts are maybe you should open a couple more cards or a small personal loan, according to a few experts I spoke to, CB's like to see 3-4 tradelines.

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.