cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't take settlement at moment, will i get another chance to?

tag
eeflores3
Valued Member

Can't take settlement at moment, will i get another chance to?

Good Morning Peeps. 

So i have two baddies left. I received a settlement offer for $1078 of a $3575 debt. I orginally planned on paying it full on my pay period this week however life happens and a medical bill for my daughter popped up. I tried to call the collector working on behalf of Conn's and they were no help (guess i shouldn't expect them to be). 

If i let this offer go by, what are the chances of getting another? or what could my next step be so I can resolve this by next month when I will have the money. 

Thank you again for all advice, the blog has been a blessing to my credit rebuilding journey! 

April 2017 - Transunion: 548; Equifax: 552; Experian: 541
June 2017 - Transunion: 574; Equifax: 576; Experian: 582
 photo CC_zps85h27qka.jpg
 photo nynco_zpssnshgtwy.jpeg
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't take settlement at moment, will i get another chance to?

You didn't say what kind of debt it was, whether the offer was from the Original Crditor or a Junk Debt Buyer and how close the debt is to the Statute of Limitations in your State or the FCRA reporting Statute of Limitations, so it is hard to predict with any accuracy whether the offer will be made again. That is the bad news.

The good news is the offer probably will be made again.  Creditors don't offer settlements if they think they can collect the whole thing, so you already know that this creditor is ready to give up on a portion of their claim to get the remainder.

Debts are like fish - the longer they lay there the more they stink and the less thay are worth. I had a debt with a Junk Debt Buyer (actually 3 debts with the same JDB) and I get the same settlement offer every other month for each of them - this has been going on for two years now. The debt is out of Statute for both suit and credit reporting so I have no incentive to pay anything, but they keep asking. In my score history you can see when the TLs aged off by the 100 point plus jump in  my scores.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.