Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the trade line be deleted?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can the trade line be deleted?

I think if the OC recalls a debt, it nulls the CO status of that reporting. CA has no authority to report or continue reporting on that debt because it does not even have an account to begin with. The Account that was given to CA has already been taken back under same procedure. So in my understanding, OP can have the OC recall the debt, once it is remainded back to the OC, OP can ask that the CA's reporting be removed because there is no account in CO. At the same time OP can work to pay with OC and keep payment records that can be submitted to CRA and CA to show that account was not paid in collection. 

Message 11 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I think if the OC recalls a debt, it nulls the CO status of that reporting. CA has no authority to report or continue reporting on that debt because it does not even have an account to begin with. The Account that was given to CA has already been taken back under same procedure. So in my understanding, OP can have the OC recall the debt, once it is remainded back to the OC, OP can ask that the CA's reporting be removed because there is no account in CO. At the same time OP can work to pay with OC and keep payment records that can be submitted to CRA and CA to show that account was not paid in collection. 

It has nothing to do with CO status. it has to do with collection authority, the CRA manuals require deletion by the CA if it has no collection authority and the OC recalling it cancels that authority.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then if OC recalls it and OP pay and keeps record of payment, because it was originally reported by CA as CO, Could it still be reported paid even though it was not paid to CA? 

Message 13 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Then if OC recalls it and OP pay and keeps record of payment, because it was originally reported by CA as CO, Could it still be reported paid even though it was not paid to CA? 

If the OC doesnt recall the CA then yes the CA can still report it as a paid collection. This is why its important to make sure that the OC is recalling the CA not just notifying it that its paid.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked because I once back in early 2014, somehow got one account removed and paid to OC. I was unaware of this process back then and always wondered why it was gone without record. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.