Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can they Do this?

tag
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

Can they Do this?

I paid this account in full back in 2005. I was late a LOT on it, i will admit that. Look at the way the current status is though. It is marked as 120+ days past due. I have disputed, GW and even emailed the CEO several times. they claim that it is like this because at the time I paid it in full, I was 120 days past due. My feelings on this are it should be marked closed. It does show "paid account/Zero Ballance" in the description part at the bottom. Is this current status hurting me? I KNOW the lates are TRANSUNION

Photobucket

Message Edited by oneboss302 on 09-02-2009 09:53 AM

EQUIFAX

Photobucket
Message Edited by oneboss302 on 09-02-2009 10:04 AM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can they Do this?

It looks like correct reporting.

What is the DOFD?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

had the same issue with EQ, I disputed them and for some reason they got deleted
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are these dates in 2009?  They are not the DOFD!
Message 4 of 8
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

Dofd was Jul 2003

the dates in 2009 were when they updated it. they were messing with me after I kept GWing them. they actually took away ALL of the ontime payments with no data, and added a CA mark for july 2009. I caught them on it and disputed and this is where it is now. They are still screwing me. I think they are gettin pissed because I keep emailing the CEO because NO ONE else seems to care at this company enough to return my calls or mailings.

Message 5 of 8
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

It's not correct reporting unless (I'm missing something major). The current status can't say "late" if it's paid in full. Paid in full means it's current regardless of how late it was at the time of the last payment that satisfied the account.

Years ago I had a similar reporting issue with Honda Finance and they kept changing the status on my account from current to 30 days late (even though the account was paid in full satisfactorily). Every time they changed the status to 30 days late, my FICO score dropped around 40 points. I'd call them and they'd fix it the next day and my score would go up 40 points.

Again, if the account has been paid in full, the current status cannot be derogatory to reflect a "current" late status... 

Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 6 of 8
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

That is exactly what I keep saying to them. they keep telling me that it is correct though. I dispute it with the CRA's almost every week too but it kees coming back verrified. I submitted a BBB complaint and a AG complaint, but am still waiting of the update from them.
Message 7 of 8
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

Forget dealing with the credit bureaus at this time. The issue is with the original creditor. Call them every day and speak to everyone. I think you have a legitimate point (unless they wrote off the account and that's why it reflects a 0 balance). But, if you paid it in full, the CURRENT status CANNOT be late 120 days. The CURRENT status should be: CURRENT/CLOSED/0 BALANCE....PAID

Condition: Closed                          Balance: $0                Type: Auto Loan                                      Pay Status: Current                    Past Due: $0  High Balance: $29,484                 Terms: 60 Months  Limit: $0  

Opened: 01/14/2002 Reported: 03/01/2007 Responsibility: Remarks:

Talk to the OC every day.....you're right, they're not!!!!!!!

Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.