Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 118
Registered: ‎02-24-2008
0

Can they do this???

 
   
         
CNAC/LA108

Potentially Negative

     
Account NameCNAC/LA108  
Account #130XXXX  
Account TypeAuto Loan  
Balance$3,404.00  
Date Opened9/1/2004  
         
  Account StatusOpen  
  Mo. Payment$297.00  
 Close Account DetailsPast Due$1,782.00  
  Payment StatusPast due 180 days  
  High Balance   
  Limit   
  Terms42 Months  
  Comments   
 24-Month Payment History 
  
2010        2011           2012  
AprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDecJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDecJanFebMar
120120120120120120120120120120120120120120120120120120120120120120120

120

 

 


Starting Score: EX: 500 FAKO -TU: 497- EQ: 529 12/9/2010
Current Score:
EX: 560 TU: 550-EQ: 569 5/14/15
Goal Score:
700 across the board


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
Posts: 118
Registered: ‎02-24-2008
0

Re: Can they do this???

I'm working on my DW credit profile and this has been reporting forever, this was a voulentary reposession, car was a lemon.  they've been reporting this since 04 as 120days and does so each month..


Starting Score: EX: 500 FAKO -TU: 497- EQ: 529 12/9/2010
Current Score:
EX: 560 TU: 550-EQ: 569 5/14/15
Goal Score:
700 across the board


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 342
Registered: ‎02-10-2012
0

Re: Can they do this???


mrmagic9799 wrote:

I'm working on my DW credit profile and this has been reporting forever, this was a voulentary reposession, car was a lemon.  they've been reporting this since 04 as 120days and does so each month..


That posted pic is hard to read and make out. Was this car voluntarily repossessed in Sept 04?

 

First answer - yes, they can report that the debt wasn't paid (whether you voluntarily gave the car back or not). Second answer - if this happened in Sept 04, it should be falling off your DW's report very soon....like now, actually.

 

If that DOFD is accurate, you might want to dispute with the CRA(s) based on "passed exclusion date"


Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 759
Registered: ‎10-04-2010
0

Re: Can they do this???

I will let someone else chime in here but this tradeline should have been deleted from your credit report or should be deleted fairly soon. If you defaulted in 2004, it woul be roughly eight years this year. I will dispute the tradeline with the CRAs.

BK in 2008, after making very stupid financial. decisions.

Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($8400) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)---GEMB CareCredit ($5700) --- AUFCU ($10000)--- Walmart ($5000)--- Discover IT ($5000)

Established Contributor
Posts: 759
Registered: ‎10-04-2010
0

Re: Can they do this???

Haha Lois, looks like I just barely missed your post :smileyhappy:

BK in 2008, after making very stupid financial. decisions.

Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($8400) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)---GEMB CareCredit ($5700) --- AUFCU ($10000)--- Walmart ($5000)--- Discover IT ($5000)

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 375
Registered: ‎01-20-2012
0

Re: Can they do this???

I don't like the looks of that at all.

 

They're reporting the account open with late payments each month--they have NOT reported this as a repo, charge-off or collection, so I may be mistaken, but no DofD comes into play for open accounts with current lates other than the lates that are 7 years old would be deleted--but not the newer lates or the account.

 

I would contact the original creditor who is reporting this way and try to get them to change this to a repo or something else, but reporting open with constant lates does not seem right to me.

Current: EQ 673 September2013 / TU 696 September2013 (Walmart)
Start: EQ 584 Feb2012 / TU 629 July2012

Wallet: BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $5000 / Lowe's $6000 / JCP $3900 / eBay MC $3200 / Barclaycard Rewards $2000 / Walmart $3300 / CapOne NHRC $2000 / CapOne Platinum #1 $2000 / Amazon $1700 / Discover It $1000 / CapOne Platinum #2 (former Orchard) $750 / Amex Zync $500 Autopay
Regular Contributor
Posts: 118
Registered: ‎02-24-2008
0

Re: Can they do this???


atarvuzdar wrote:

I don't like the looks of that at all.

 

They're reporting the account open with late payments each month--they have NOT reported this as a repo, charge-off or collection, so I may be mistaken, but no DofD comes into play for open accounts with current lates other than the lates that are 7 years old would be deleted--but not the newer lates or the account.

 

I would contact the original creditor who is reporting this way and try to get them to change this to a repo or something else, but reporting open with constant lates does not seem right to me.


THAT'S what I'm saying, this should have been CO long ago, and as I can tell they are the OC.

Starting Score: EX: 500 FAKO -TU: 497- EQ: 529 12/9/2010
Current Score:
EX: 560 TU: 550-EQ: 569 5/14/15
Goal Score:
700 across the board


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor
Posts: 50
Registered: ‎07-27-2010
0

Re: Can they do this???

I have the same issue with credit acceptance reporting the same way. My son total his car and they stated i still owe since september 200+ but report every momth count as open. I have tried to get this corrected but they refused to change it. I offer a pay for delete but they refused. They want me to pay it off but want all the money at once and i cant afford to pay it like thaf. I have disputed but it has never change
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 32,869
Registered: ‎08-04-2007
0

Re: Can they do this???

[ Edited ]

mrmagic9799 wrote:

atarvuzdar wrote:

I don't like the looks of that at all.

 

They're reporting the account open with late payments each month--they have NOT reported this as a repo, charge-off or collection, so I may be mistaken, but no DofD comes into play for open accounts with current lates other than the lates that are 7 years old would be deleted--but not the newer lates or the account.

 

I would contact the original creditor who is reporting this way and try to get them to change this to a repo or something else, but reporting open with constant lates does not seem right to me.


THAT'S what I'm saying, this should have been CO long ago, and as I can tell they are the OC.


IMO, it is reporting OK. OP, pull your report from Experian directly (assuming this is on EX) or from annualcreditreport.com. And if reporting on the other two CRAs, do the same. EX and TU will show a drop off date. EQ will show a DOFD. Third-party CMSs like this one (freecreditreport?....definitely an Experian product of some kind) will often not show the entire picture. However, if you pull from the CRAs directly, you'll find more info.

 

As far as the account goes, and assuming for a sec that "CO" or "repo" isn't showing anywhere, you wouldn't want them to add it. It still has a DOFD. There's no way you can make this account appear current by making a payment. When an account goes bad, like an unpaid balance on a repo, they can add lates continually every single month for years if they want to. They can do so for as long as they own the debt or they sell the debt. The charge-off occurred years ago. But the CO status will never go away until paid or sold, at which point the balance goes to $0.

 

If you agree with the debt, send a PFD. If you disagree, then ask for an accounting of how they got to $x, ask for the last few statements, payment history, etc.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.