Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can they update paid accounts?

tag
superdad
Regular Contributor

Can they update paid accounts?

So a couple days ago I contacted a CA about a judgement that was still showing active on my CR. I paid this 2010 but the CA never updated or sent a letter of satsified to the court house. In the mean time they updated all 9 other paid accounts.  Should I dispute this or do i have any recourse? BTW this company is a real pain to deal with.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Can they update paid accounts?

Any recourse for what?  Them updating paid accounts?  Did it drop your score?

Message 2 of 7
superdad
Regular Contributor

It did drop my scores with TU and EQ they didnt update with EX. So does this restart my drop off date?

Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Nothing restarts the exclusion date.

Your score should not have changed it the CA reports monthly.  When was the last time they had reported?

Message 4 of 7
superdad
Regular Contributor

Looks like the last time was 4/08 before they updated 5/13/2013.  I guess I am alittle confused as to why would they update paid collenctions? I mean whats the point?

And it just seems strange that it just so happen to get updated the day after I talked to them about getting my judgement fixed.

BTW guess whos getting a call today? Smiley Happy and there local.  They said they were going to send me a copy of the letter of the satsified judgement but that hasnt happen yet. 

Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

4/08 as in Apr 2008 or Apr 4, 2013?  If the latter, it should not have done anything to your score.

As to why they update paid, it probably did have something to do with the judgment.

Can you go get the letter from them?

Message 6 of 7
superdad
Regular Contributor

I called the court house and they said they have not recived anything.  So I called the CA and they said the paper work was sent to the atty office. Called the atty office and they said it was sent last thursday to the court house. What a circle.  So I called to court house and then the atty office. Left a message for the atty asking if they could fax it to the court house and asked for a return call. Also told the atty if i didnt hear back i would keep calling till i get this 3 year old PAID judgement letter to the court house.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.