Contributor
maygirl

Can this be right?

OK I currently have some unpaid collections, but I also have a long history with a variety of accounts that is very good... The score simulator says that if I paid $500 toward by balances my score would go to over 700, it is currently a 598. That doesn't seems possible/probable to me...

Anyone have any real example of the score simulator being correct???

Contributor
maygirl

Re: Can this be right?

BTW I have 4 credit cards currently that were basically "maxed out" and I have paid 2 of them completly off and the other two are below 30%. AND the collections/charge offs are NOT over 3 years old...

pizzadude

Re: Can this be right?

[ Edited ]

I think the simulator can be a bit optimistic at times, but lowering your revolving utilization is usually the quickest way to boost your FICO score.

The best starting point to optimize your utilization is having all your cards reporting 0 balances except for one card which should report a small ( less than 9% ) balance.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}