cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you do anything if "Last Reported" date is old?

tag
trnl2016
Regular Contributor

Can you do anything if "Last Reported" date is old?

I'm not sure if/how this would affect me, but I have a two items that are last reported more than 6 months ago.

• A collection last reported Aug 26, 2015 on all reports.
  • An account I'm an AU on last reported on June 15, 2015 -- but only on TransUnion. It's being reported monthly on my other reports.

Does this mean anything?

I'd like to get the AU account on TU updated because it's showing an old CL and balance (now CL is higher and uti% is lower) -- should I contact the bank (Cap1) and ask them to update their reporting with TU? What about the collection that was last reported in August? I likely won't touch it anyway because it passes SOL later this year, but I'm just curious.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can you do anything if "Last Reported" date is old?

@trnl2016 wrote:

I'm not sure if/how this would affect me, but I have a two items that are last reported more than 6 months ago.

• A collection last reported Aug 26, 2015 on all reports.
  • An account I'm an AU on last reported on June 15, 2015 -- but only on TransUnion. It's being reported monthly on my other reports.

Does this mean anything?

I'd like to get the AU account on TU updated because it's showing an old CL and balance (now CL is higher and uti% is lower) -- should I contact the bank (Cap1) and ask them to update their reporting with TU? What about the collection that was last reported in August? I likely won't touch it anyway because it passes SOL later this year, but I'm just curious.

The bank will not discuss the account with you unless the one who holds the account gives permission on the phone when you call. I would just dispute it with the CRA as balance incorrect to get it to update. On the CA leave it alone the older back in time it goes the less of an impact on your Fico score you dont want it updating.

Message 2 of 3
trnl2016
Regular Contributor

Re: Can you do anything if "Last Reported" date is old?

Thanks gdale6! The account holder is my husband, he wouldn't mind calling asking them to update it... but if it's easier to dispute it with TU as incorrect, then I'll go that route. As for the collection, you're right... I don't want to touch it in any way... I'll just let it get past SOL then figure out what to do then.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.